www.flickr.com
Sparkle Lover's items Go to Sparkle Lover's photostream

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nubar Petunia Sparkle


Wow!  Talk about an exercise in frustration!  I have spent 2 days trying every light source, camera and setting to try and get the true colour of this polish.  No chance!  A quick google showed me I am not alone.  Could not find a single photo by anyone that was the true colour.  This first photo looks like everyone else's and it is not the right colour!  This looks purple.  A pinkish purple but still purple. As soon as the camera starts focusing it changes the colour.  Tomorrow I'm going to do some black Konad stamping on it.  Perhaps that will change how the camera focuses and I'll get the true colour.

This polish in real life is VERY pink!  The most gorgeous, sparkly fuschia pink ever!  By changing the saturation on the photo It comes pretty darn close to the right colour.  The true colour is a touch deeper than this.  The Nubar Sparkle glitters are awesome.  I have 2.  This one, Petunia Sparkle, and Violet Sparkle.  The Violet photographs as Indigo.  A very dark blue purple whereas in real life the colour is a gorgeous purple,  Changing the saturation on a photo of it (Violet Sparkle) did not change the colour so I did not even bother posting it.  I don't want to carry on misrepresenting the colour, there are plenty photos out there already doing that.

I have 3 more Nubar Sparkles on the way in the mail.  Star, Night and Fire Sparkle! Can't wait because these glitters are awesome.  Two coats and you have full coverage.  Top coat is definitely a must.  Not just because of the texture but also because the glitter is kinda flat on it's own.  This is understandable as it is most glitter with very little liquid if you know what I mean.  I used 2 coats of Seche Vite.  My right hand already has loads of tip wear and chips.  Next time I will try OPI top coat.  I know many people swear by Seche Vite but I am not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment